26 août 2007

Rabat, Marocco

Second stage in Marocco. Today, Rabat. Not very touristy, mostly inhabitants or people who visit relatives go there.
It's with a beautiful sun that I woke up this Saturday morning (around 11 o'clock). A shower and a breakfast later, I'm in my car driving to Orly Airport, both windows opened, music blasting Akon's last hit. Oh, I forgot to mention the required wear of sunglasses... Either you have the look or you don't... ;-) Hey, it's been awhile since we've had sun, so I enjoy every second of it!
Orly to Rabat was calm, very calm : 60 passengers (out of 174 seats - Airbus A320) and 2h45 flight time. I even had enough time to eat my "lunch/dinner" seated which is very rare. Even though, we managed to land with a thirty minute delay. Go figure!
Going back was much more crowded : 186 heads = 174 passengers plus 12 babies = full, full, full! Annoying passengers. Didn't stop b*tching!
First, I had my first "Ici le poste de pilotage, PNC attachés !" which is an emergency phraseology that tells us that we must stop whatever we are doing and take seat and buckle up. I'm glad I did ! It wasn't the same type of turbulences than our flight to Tanger, because there it was mostly air pockets, so not sickening at all (for me at least - had to hand out a few barf bags...) but impressive and dangerous because we jumped a bit... Was fun though. We had a passengers who came to see us to ask if we were about to die... Should've done the cross sign and started praying in the middle of the cabin... That would've done the trick! Then, a collegue asked a womam passenger to stay seated, to which she answered : "I'm used to flying". What can you say to such stupidity? Then, I almost had the same thing : I told a passenger to stay seated and then he turned to me and said : "if you can walk around, then so can I". Now, I have a question : when people fly, do they leave their brain at home...? Also, we had a "problem" with a mother : a collegue asked her to attach her kid and she answered "he doesn't want to". My collegue should've said "well, if there's a big air pocket, and if he stays glued on the ceiling, then you won't be able to say that you didn't see it coming". Later, I came back as we were about to land to check the seatbelts and asked, once again that this same lady attach her kid "but he's sleeping" she dares answer me! I just wanted to slap her.
Finally, same range of stupid complaints : we'd just been told we could continue the service but passengers had to stay seated because there were more turbulences to come, and a passenger, pretty angry calls me :
"-Where are we?
-Somewhere above Spain?!?!
-I've never seen that : we don't have any infos on where we are. It's inexcusable." and he kept going for a couple of minutes. I tried explaining him that both our pilots were more busy flying the plane and avoid air pockets as much as possible, than openning Lonely Planet and giving a lecture. I notified my CC and she immediately went to see him and with a calm, steady voice, and one hell of a look, she told him, as politely as can be and as courteous as possible : "Sir, we have pilots aboard, not guides!" We never heard him again...
I have to admit that this last flight was heard, both physically and mentally, but luckely we had a really good crew and were able to maintain our sense of humour not matter what.

Next flight is tomorrow (Monday) with Bejaia, Algeria at 5:45... am of course, otherwise it wouldn't be as much fun would it?

Aucun commentaire: