09 août 2007

Oran


Yesterday, I flew in this plane... Airbus 321.

Today I feel more rested to talk about my second flight.

It started wrong... My meeting was at 1, so I'd planned an hour and a half to get there. It didn't turn out to be enough. First, the "peripherique" (a "highway" that goes around Paris) was totally jammed. It took me more than an hour to cross it (Porte de Clichy down to Porte d'Orleans - you can GoogleMap it). Then, as I was entering the A6 highway, I noticed they'd just started working on it : from four lines, it was reduced to one, so imagine the trouble! I finally got there fifteen minutes late. Fortunately my briefing hadn't started yet. Nothing noticeable except that we took off thirty minutes late because the passengers were boarding too slowly. Picture this : take a suitcase, so big it could fit both my parents, my sister and me, and also Emma. Now, try to make it fit in a small luggage compartment... Yup, you're right, it is barely possible. Now, multiply this huge suitcase by the number of passengers : 202. Now it is totally impossible to make everything fit. By the way, I don't know if I told you but to become a flight attendant, I also majored in Tetris...
The only major difference with this flight compared to Athens was the length of the trip, a little bit over two hours, and therefore we were always running around, always something to do!
I was able to land in the cockpit which was beautiful : we landed in Paris around 10pm and so we could very well see the Eiffel Tower and all Paris lit up. It was really nice.
Got home at 11:30. Long day!

Next flight is Sunday with Biskra, somewhere in the middle of the Algerian desert...

Aucun commentaire: