16 août 2007

Bejaia, Algeria


Nice little big plane...

Yesterday's flight was to go to Bejaia, a minor city on the Algerian coast. Its flights are known to be very hard and very tirering since its passengers are people who are not used to travelling, and are therefore very demanding. Also, the flight only lasts a couple of hours, so if you substract the time for take off and descent prior to landing, it only leaves us about 1h20 to serve them a hot meal, clear their trays and do the duty free sales...for a completely full Airbus A321 : 209 passengers!
When I arrived at the briefing room and introduced myself to my cabin chief, first thing she told me was : "Tu vas en chier !" meaning it's going to be hell!. Nice introduction, so there I was, 100% reassured about this coming flight...
Indeed, it was hell. Plane was full, passengers were stressed out, therefore crew was stressed out...! Luckely we had a good crew. It's funny during the one hour stopover in Bejaia as we are waiting for our new passengers, the crew always jokes around. It's a very nice working environment.
Nothing worth telling happened on the way back except that were all getting tired.

My next flight is tomorrow morning and I will be going to Alger, the capital city of Algeria.

Aucun commentaire: