17 août 2007

Alger, Algeria

This is a picture I took of our plane, getting off...


Hi everybody,

I apologize for the account I'm about to tell you, or if it isn't very understandable, but I'm really tired and I've had a really long day, so...

Alger, capital city of Algeria... More than four million inhabitants. Aigle Azur flies there daily.
We flew there in an Airbus A321. Max capacity : 209 passengers.
Paris to Alger : 58 passengers.
Alger to Paris : 208 passengers, so no need to say that we were full full full on the way back!
This flight was my fifth one, and probably the best one. I saw almost everything and have been through a lot...

Firstly, I had my first "DPAT" : transfer of prisoner. We had just arrived in the plane (early, very early, at 6:30) when a policeman showed up and asked to talk to the captain. Shortly after we were told by the Public Address that we would have a DPAT. All passengers embark from the front, but they had opened the rear door especially to have him embark. Cuffed and surrounded by a couple of cops, he sat on the last row, along with "his" two cops.
We served breakfast to all 58 passengers. At the end, I didn't have anymore glasses, so I went to the galley to get some from the upper compartment, and SURPRISE : when I opened it I was attacked by a glass full of water. I was soaked! Of course, all four flight attendants they were cracking up!
Then typically local colour : when we landed in Alger, our local rep bargained some "essential body oil" : 4€/bottle. It rocks! I had a blast watching her.
Then, on the way back while one of the stewardesses was doing the security demonstrations, one of the steward in the galley stuck dry ice in his pants with his fly open, so she had a lot of problem to stay focused.
Here are two pictures of what dry ice does...


so picture this much smoke coming out of a zipper...
Unfortunately, the flight did not end as good as it had started : we landed on time but spent forty minutes on taxi, waiting for an empty parking spot...
Got back home and am now ready to go to bed...

Next flight will be next Tuesday and I will be going again to Oran. In the meantime, I'm just going to rest, take care of myself and spend as much time as possible with Melanie...

Aucun commentaire: