27 août 2007

Bejaia from Roissy ?!?!

It's last night, it's about 10:15pm and I'm about to go to bed (I have to wake up at 3 because I have an early flight from Orly Airport to Bejaia). I receive a phone call. Who's calling me at this hour??? I recognize the phone number. It's The Company : Aigle Azur. Here's a summary of our conversation : they're sorry blablabla, but the flight tomorrow morning (actually, in 8 hours) will not be leaving from Orly but from Charles de Gaulle Roissy Airport...! I have to park my car in the "Fret zone n°7". Where's that???
Then, I had to go online, find where this Zone 7 is... The whole thing took me an hour, which means an hour less of sleep... Usually I wouldn't mind, but since I was only going to sleep for three hours, it did matter!
Finally I was able to find it and go to bed...for a few hours...

Alarm clock!!! DRINGGGGGGGGG DRRRRRRRRRRING DDDDDDDDDDDDDDRING!!!!!!!
I hate it. I don't want to wake up, I wanna keep dreaming. Of what? I don't know, as long as I'm dreaming!
I got to that far, far place near Roissy. It was fun taking off from that airport, since it is so big. The CC had a few worries because being an trainee, I'm not supposed to take off from Roissy because we don't have the authorizations. But we were able to go around that small problem and I eventually took off from the cockpit.
Going to Bejaia was FRI, no passengers so I had some breakfast and then rested a bit.
Going back to Paris was full : 214 passengers on this Airbus A321! It was tirering.

Then, as we landed, in ORLY, we had to take a special shuttle to Roissy. For those of you not familiar with the Ile de France (Paris suburban area), it is opposite, with Paris in between. It took us a little bit over an hour (rush hour of course!) but we finally made it.
Now, I'm back home, I haven't eaten since this morning when I had my breakfast and I'm starving!

Tomorrow morning, another early flight to Algiers. I hope I won't get any phone calls tonight...

Oh, almost forgot to mention : temperature in Bejaia was 100°F (38°C) therefore we had an over weight problem (the weight of the hot air) so we took off thirty minutes late.

Aucun commentaire: